20 best adventures to enjoy during Morocco desert tour
2018-02-01 By Marrakech Desert Trips
- Enjoying one of the most spectacular experiences in a Morocco desert tour by watching the color-changing sunset over Erg Chebbi (or Erg Chigaga) dunes.
- Exciting adventure to cross the Sahara Desert of Zagora or Erg Chebbi on a camel, in trekking tour.
- Trying sensational feelings by sleeping under the beautiful stars during your Sahara desert camp in Zagora, Erg Lihoudi, Merzouga, or Erg Chigaga.
- Exploring Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou on foot. As a UNESCO site, this famous Kasbah has been the set of many Hollywood movies.
- Having a walk in the breathtaking oasis of Todgha next to the stream of the magnificent Todra canyons.
- Taking a tour in Dades Gorges to enjoy the charming landscapes and sipping a cup of mint tea at the hilltop café terrace.
- Driving along Draa Valley to admire the remarkable scenery of its Kasbahs, oases, and palm groves.
- Learning how to play TAM TAM drums with the local nomads in your Sahara desert camp during a campfire at night.
- Listening to many interesting stories and sharing a cup of mint tea with a real nomad family.
- Going for a drive along the Valley of the roses to see how locals harvest Damascus roses in April & May to distill and produce rose water.
- Having a sense of excitement by crossing the volcanic peaks of Jebel Sghro, and you can even collect some fossilized stones as a souvenir.
- Visiting historical locations such as the museum Kasbah of Amridil in Skoura oasis to learn more about local traditions, Barbers lifestyle and the architecture of a typical Moroccan Kasbah.
- Crossing the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass which is located at 2260 m above sea level.
- Visiting one of the fossils museums in Erfoud & Rissani region will be a great experience.
- Enjoying a great feeling of relaxing by looking up at Star constellation in your desert camp late at night. With zero light pollution, you can see these stars in an incredible scene and even see the Milky Way with your naked eye.
- Waking early in the morning to watch the sunrise, listen to the silence of the winds and take unforgettable photos.
- Visiting Ouarzazate Atlas film Studios where many famous movies have been shot such as Kingdom of heaven, Laurence of Arabia and Gladiator.
- Getting an opportunity to buy high-quality goods with favorable prices from the dates Souk in Rissani with the assistance of your driver/ guide.
- Trying Sand boarding in Erg Chebbi dunes. It’s better to hire a professional sand board from any hotel in Merzouga as dunes up to almost 200 m.
- Sharing a Berber pizza with your friends as you will learn how to make it by watching the local nomads prepare it in the hot sands!
Share with friends :