How to choose the right budget shared Marrakech desert tour?
2018-02-05 By Marrakech Desert Trips
Morocco desert tours attract many tourists to visit Marrakech every year. So, it will be necessary to learn how to choose an appropriate budget shared Marrakech desert tour in order to have a great shared budget Morocco desert experience.
- First, you should choose a licensed insured tour operator because transportation companies may conduct the tours illegally. You can know whether the company is licensed to organize Morocco desert tours or not by two main ways. The first is the physical address, as illegal companies do not have one. The second is the office phone number and fax (which starts with a +2125………….), not a mobile number (which starts with a +212 6………)
- Time is the key factor that determines the right shared Marrakech desert tour to book. It’s important to answer the question “How much time can you spare in your desert trip?” because that will help you to narrow your choices. Some people think that they can explore the desert and enjoy its wonderful landscapes in one day. This might be true, only if they can afford a helicopter trip to Erg Chebbi or Erg Cheggaga. A day trip to Ouarzazate is not really worth it as you’ll spend most of the time driving and you will have little time to enjoy the scenery, but it will be a good experience if you don’t have enough time.
- If you only have 2 days, the 2 days budget Marrakech desert trip to Zagora will be the perfect way to explore the Moroccan desert. You will be tired because of long driving hours, but the charming scenery is absolutely worth efforts. The tour includes a camel trekking activity and an overnight at a nomad tents camp in Tinfou.
- 3 days shared Marrakech desert tour is another option of shared Moroccan desert excursions which starts from Marrakech to Merzouga and Erg Chebbi. This incredible tour is the most popular among all Marrakech shared desert tours. You will spare the first night of the trip in Boumalne Dades. The second night will be in Erg Chebbi dunes and you will spend amazing time during a camel trek. In the last day, you will admire the awesome picturesque places along the way back from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech.
- If you like the Sahara desert and have 4 days to spend, your best choice will be a 4 days Morocco desert tour from Marrakech to Erg Chebbi and Zagora. With its fabulous dunes and beautiful scenery, the Sahara desert will give you a wonderful feeling. In this tour, you will visit Zagora and Merzouga, enjoy a camel trek, as well as spending an overnight at Erg Chebbi camp.
A special trip will be appropriate for people who come in a group or who can afford a private Marrakech desert trip. Zagora and Merzouga are the most popular Sahara deserts, but there are lesser-known parts of the Moroccan Sahara desert because of accessibility and the fact that it’s hard to include a trip to these deserts in a big tour of Morocco:
- By using a 4X4, a trip to Erg Cheggaga can be combined with Foum Zguid via Iriki Lake in 4 days.
- There are tours that combine both Erg Cheggaga and Erg Chebbi in 5 days or more
- You can also arrange a private tour for a week to combine the Sahara desert and the southern oases along with Taroudant and the Atlantic coast of Essaouira.
- If you want to enjoy the Sahara desert of both Marrakech and Fez, having a Marrakech to Fes desert tour or a desert tour from Fes to Marrakech is the perfect way to do that. On a private tour, both trips can last for 3 or 4 days depending on your time.
Share with friends :