TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT
Tour Itinerary : 3 Days Desert Tour From Marrakech To Merzouga Dunes - Erg Chebbi
DAY 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Valley
The 3 days Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour will begin with you being picked up from your Marrakech riad or hotel. You will be taken across the high Atlas Mountains through Tizi-N-Tichka pass that overlooks the foot hills of the mountain which are studded with trees and Berber villages to reach the gateway of the Sahara, Ouarzazate. On our way we will enjoy a visit to Ksar of “Ait Benhaddou” the world famous UNESCO world heritage site. This Kasbah in particular has served as the shooting location for many Hollywood movies such as “Lawrence of Arabia” and “Jesus of Nazareth”. Your guide will also guide you around the dried river and up the highest hill in the Kasbah for a breath taking view. Afterwards, it’s a direct drive to Ouarzazate, followed by crossing the valley of roses and Skoura palm grove to Dades gorges where we will enjoy dinner and spend the night in a typical hotel in the middle of this gorgeous location.
DAY 2: Dades - Todra Gorges - Merzouga Dunes (Erg Chebbi)
The day begins with a traditional Moroccan breakfast before we depart from the hotel at 8 am. We will drive through the road of 1000 kasbahs and with some radiant Berber villages along the way. 45 km later we will visit Tineghir with its beautiful palm grove and Jewish quarter and from there, make our way to Todra Gorges. There we will hike along 300 m high canyons, which has proven popular among mountain climbers. Our next stop will be Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga Sahara Desert where a 1.5 hours long camel ride is prepared for us. The camel trek across the sunset of the desert will transport us to the nomadic camp in the middle of Merzouga. There we will enjoy a good meal by the campfire as we listen to the traditional nomad chants before spending the night in private bivouacs under the star filled sky.
DAY 3: Erg Chebbi - Tazarine - Agdez - Marrakech
You will be woken up at 5:30, half an hour before sunrise to catch the first rays. After breakfast in your camp, we will ride the camel’s back to meet the driver and make our way to Marrakech. Along the way we will cross Tazarine and the Draa valley, Agdez and Ouarzazate with lunch along the way. This will conclude the 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga.
Marrakech To Merzouga Desert Tour Price Per Person
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|290 €||220 €||200 €||180 €||160 €|
|7 Pax||8 – 10 Pax||11 – 13 Pax||14 – 17 Pax|
|145 €||135 €||125 €||115 €|
P.S : an extra charge of 15% is added to these rates on this period : 24th December until 5th January
3 Days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
- Enjoying the beautiful landscapes between Marrakech & Merzouga.
- Traversing Tizi n’Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains.
- Taking short walks in Dades and Todra Gorges.
- Visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait BenHaddou
- Stopping in Ouarzazate to visit cinema Studios and Taourirt Kasbah
- Drive through the valley of 1000 Kasbahs.
- Camel Trek.
- Overnight camping in the desert.
- Pick up: 08:00 AM during summer months & 07:00 AM during winter months (Dec-Jan).
- Drop off: 06:30 PM during Summer Months & 07:30 pm during winter months.
- Free airport transfer to your hotel in Marrakech.
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking driver & guide during the tour.
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation.
- Visiting Ait Benhaddou Kasbah with Guide.
- Visiting the cinema studio in Ouarzazate.
- Spending one night in a Traditional Kasbah in Dades Gorge.
- Spending one night in nomad desert camp in Merzouga Dunes with (Private tents).
- Breakfast and dinner during your tour (Vegetarians are accommodated).
- Possible leisure activities (Quad Biking - Sandboarding) on request.
- Camel Trekking.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with beautiful tent available upon booking your desert tour (€100 pp).
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah ...Etc