MOROCCO SAHARA TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO ERG CHIGAGA
Tour Itinerary: Marrakech To Erg Chigaga Desert Tour - 3 Days 2 Nights
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Draa Valley - Zagora
Our Morocco desert tour will start by departing from the red city of Marrakech. We will drive deep into the High Atlas Mountains on a road that overlooks the mountains’ foothills with all the Berber villages that inhabit them. Our first stop will be the UNESCO world heritage site know as Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, a fortified village built in the 11th century. Then 35 km later we will be visiting Africa’s Hollywood, Ouarzazate where the biggest film studies of the content are present. Afterwards we will drive along the longest valley in Morocco, Draa valley which is 1052 km long, to get to Zagora where the remains of an Almoravide fortress. Dinner and overnight stay will be held in at ypical hotel.
Day 2: Zagora – Tamegroute – Mhamid – Chigaga Dunes
As we continue our drive by the Draa river we will stop in the town of Tamagrout to visit one of the kingdom’s most ancient librairies before continuing our way to the cozy village of M'hamid then deep into the Erg Chigaga dunes. From there we will trek by camel at sunset (the most beautiful you will ever see) to reach our nomadic camp for a night of food and music spent under the night sky.
Day 3: Chigaga Dunes – Iriki Lake – Foumzguid - Tazenakht – High Atlas – Marrakech
You will be woken up early to catch the sunrise, after which we will drive to the dried lake of Iriki. 30 years ago, the lake was filled with water and the surrounding area was inhabited by all kinds of birds. Then we will pass the quite Berber town of Foum-Zguid followed by a stop in Taznakht, the former trading post for this region and is currently one of the biggest carpet centers in all of Morocco. After which will be a 90 km drive across many valleys and Berber villages to reach Marrakech, thus concluding the Marrakech to erg chigaga desert tour.
Marrakech To Erg Chigaga Desert Tour Price Per Person
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|390 €||325 €||270 €||245 €||215 €|
P.S : an extra charge of 15% is added to these rates on this period : 24th December until 5th January
Marrakech to Erg Chigaga Desert Tour
- Enjoying the beautiful landscapes between Marrakech & Erg Chigaga.
- Crossing Tizi n’Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains.
- Taking a short walks in Dades and Todra Gorges.
- Visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait BenHaddou.
- Passing Ouarzazate to visit cinema Studios and Taourirt Kasbah.
- Drive through the valley of 1000 Kasbahs.
- Camel Trek.
- Overnight camping in the desert.
- Pick up: 08:00 AM during summer months & 07:00 AM during winter months (Dec-Jan).
- Drop off: 06:30 PM during Summer Months & 07:30 PM during winter months.
- Free airport transfer to your hotel in Marrakech.
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking driver & guide during the tour.
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation.
- Visiting Ait Benhaddou Kasbah with Guide.
- Visiting the cinema studio in Ouarzazate.
- Spending one night in a Traditional Kasbah in Zagora.
- Spending one night in nomad desert camp in Erg Chigaga with (Private tents).
- Breakfast and dinner during your tour (Vegetarians are accommodated).
- Possible leisure activities (Quad Biking - Sandboarding) on request.
- Camel Trekking.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with our available luxury tent upon booking your desert tour (€150 pp).
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah ...Etc