SAHARA EXCURSIONS FROM MARRAKECH TO FES
Tour Itinerary: Marrakech to Fes desert trip - 3 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour
DAY 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate Or Skoura Palmary
Your Marrakech to Fes Morocco desert trip start with you being picked up from your accommodation in Marrakech and heading for Ouarzazate (the door way of the Sahara) or if time allows, to Skoura Palmary. We will be crossing the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi- N-Tichka pass (2260m above sea level). The slithering road overlooks some of the most beautiful landscapes and backdrops ever where the foot hills are decorated with Berber villages. The first stop of our Marrakech to Fes Morocco desert tour is the Kasr of Ait Benhaddou. This UNISCO world heritage site is still inhabited by Berber villagers who preserve their traditional life styles and the place itself has acted as the shooting location for many Hollywood movies like “Lawrence of Arabia” and “Jesus of Nazareth”. Explore the Kasbah at your leisure; we personally suggest you get to the highest spot for a beautiful view of your surroundings that have been fixed in time for years. After exploring to your contentment, we will continue driving to Ouarzazate to have dinner and spend the night in a typical hotel.
DAY 2: Ouarzazate or Skoura - Todra Gorges - Merzouga Dunes (Erg Chebbi)
We depart from the hotel in Ourzazate at 8 am after having enjoyed breakfast. We will be taking the road of 1000 kasbahs to our next stop, Skoura palm grove. Skoura is the home to many of Southern Morocco’s monuments like Amerhidil & Ait Abbou kasbahs. After which we proceed to the Berber city of Kelaat Mgouna, where each year during the first week of May the locals hold the festival of roses to celebrate the new harvest and sell all kinds of rose based products like rose water. We’ll cross the valley of roses to Boumalen Dades and then Tineghir (famous for the jewish square & lush palm grove). After making it to Todra gorges we will have lunch and follow that with a trek along the canyons. Next we will trek by camel for one and a half hours through Erg Chebbi’s dunes while enjoying Merzouga’s Sahara sunset. Our final destination will be the nomadic camp where we will spend the night around a campfire while playing the drums with the camel breeders, before sleeping in the bivouacs in the middle of the desert.
DAY 3: Erg Chebbi - Ziz Valley - Midelt - Azrou - Ifrane - Fes
You will be woken up at 5:30 am, half an hour before sunrise to enjoy catch the first glimpses of the sunrays running across the sand, we will follow that by a breakfast in the bivouac. We will ride the camel’s back to meet the driver and make our way to Fes. Our road will go through the quiet Ziz valley, Errachida and Midelt. We will stop for lunch close to Azrou city and we will pay a visit to the cedar forests of the Middle Atlas Mountain and play with the friendly monkeys that inhabit the area, after which we continue to Fes, thus concluding our Marrakech to Fes desert tour.
Marrakech To Fes Desert Tour Price Per Person
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|395 €||285 €||225 €||200 €||185 €|
|7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax||10 – 17 Pax|
|175 €||160 €||150 €||140 €|
P.S : an extra charge of 15% is added to these rates on this period : 24th December until 5th January
Marrakech to Fes desert tour
- Crossing the High Atlas Mountains.
- Experiencing the varied landscapes between Marrakech and Fes.
- Seeing the Barbary Monkeys in the Cedar forest of Azrou.
- Driving through Ziz gorge and its palm groves.
- Strolls in Dades and Todra Gorges.
- Driving the Tizi n’Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait BenHaddou.
- Passing Ouarzazate and visiting Film Studios and Taourirt Kasbah.
- Camel Trek.
- Overnight in the desert.
- Pick up: 08:00 AM during summer months & 07:00 AM during winter months (Dec-Jan)
- Drop off: 06:30 PM during summer months and 07:30 PM during winter months
- Free transport from airport to your hotel in Marrakech.
- Private transfer by comfortable air conditioned vehicles.
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour.
- Pick up from Marrakech hotel & Drop off at your Fes accommodation.
- Guided Visit to Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Visiting the Cinema studio in Ouarzazate.
- Rooms with A/C in typical hotels, Kasbahs & Riads.
- One night in nomad desert camp in Merzouga Dunes with (Private tents).
- Breakfast and dinner during your tour (Vegetarians are accommodated on request).
- Possible leisure activities (Quad Biking - Sandboarding) on request.
- Camel Trek.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with tent available upon booking your Marrakech to Fes desert tour (€100 pp).
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah...etc