MOROCCO DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO FES
Tour Itinerary: Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour - 4 days Marrakech to Fes Desert Trip
DAY 1: Marrakech - High Atlas Mountains - Telouet - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate
8 am: will mark the beginning of your Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour. We will be crossing the towering Tizi n'Tichka pass (2260 meters above sea level) to cross the High Atlas Mountain. The first stop on our checklist will be Telouet Kasbah; located in the small Berber village of Telouet, in the rural town, in the High Atlas Mountains, Morocco, the Kasbah most famous occupant was Thami El Glaoui. Occupying a strategic position in the High Atlas, the occupants of the palace had the privilege of being on the way of the merchant caravans and near important salt mines.we will continue by crossing the valley of Ounila that extends between Telouet and Aït Benhaddou. It was a point of passage of the old track caravan’s spices. After arriving we will visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah and our final destination for the day will be the Hollywood of Africa, in Ouarzazate. At The filmmaker's wonderland is where we will be spending the night.
DAY 2: Ouarzazate - Dades Valley - Todra Gorges
Day 2 of our Marrakech to Fes Desert trip specializes in the beauty of its landscape. We will drive from Ouarzazate to Todra Gorges. We’ll drive through the valley of Dades to see rock formation process called “the monkey toes”. Leaving the Dades valley towards Tinghir and the Todra valley we’ll see the panoramic views of the old mud Berber villages overlooking the valley. Arriving at the Gorge of Todra you’ll walk under the 300 m high red cliff, where many Rock-climbers come to practice their favorite sport. Dinner and overnight stay in a Kasbah overlooking the river.
DAY 3: Todra Gorges - Erfoud - Merzouga Dunes (Erg Chebbi)
After breakfast we will continue to Erfoud and Rissani where we’ll have lunch and then leave for the village of Merzouga, where your camel will be waiting for you. We will drive across the rugged landscape of the volcanic Anti Atlas Mountains, past the town of Tinjedad and through Erfoud. You’ll be welcomed with a glass of mint tea and a desert scarf before your camel-ride starts heading into the mysterious sand-sea of the Erg-Chebbi, guided by an experienced camel guide of course. Erfoud is a town well known for its craftsmen who work in fossil factories producing masterpiece after masterpiece from rocks of nearby mountains. We will visit Erg Chebbi sand sea, and then by sunset we will be camel trekking our way to Berber Sahara Desert camp for a night of music around the campfire under the starry sky, and spend your first night under the stars in a traditional Berber nomad tent.
DAY 4: Erg Chebbi - Ziz Valley - Midelt - Azrou - Ifrane - Fes
Following breakfast, we will ride the camels to the hotel for a quick shower, and then we will drive to the imperial city of Fes. Along the way we will stop to enjoy the picturesque fields of Ziz valley before passing the High Atlas Mountains. A small break and lunch at the town of Midelt will be followed by a visit to Azrou and the cedar forests of Ifrane to meet the Barbary Monkeys before finally reaching Fez that marks the end of the Marrakech to Fes desert trip.
Marrakech To Fes Desert Trip Price Per Person
|2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|495 €||385 €||325 €||298 €||280 €|
|7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax||10 – 17 Pax|
|265 €||245 €||225 €||210 €|
P.S : an extra charge of 15% is added to these rates on this period : 24th December until 5th January
Marrakech to Fes desert tour
- Crossing the High Atlas Mountains.
- Enjoying the beautiful landscapes between Marrakech and Fes.
- Seeing the Barbary Monkeys in the Cedar forest of Azrou.
- Driving through Ziz gorge and its palm groves.
- Short walks in Dades and Todra Gorges.
- Driving the Tizi n’Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains (2260m above sea level!)
- Visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait BenHaddou.
- Passing Ouarzazate and visiting Film Studios and Taourirt Kasbah.
- Camel Trek.
- Overnight in the desert.
- Pick up: 08:00 AM during summer months & 07:00 AM during winter months (Dec-Jan)
- Drop off: 06:30 PM during summer months and 07:30 PM during winter months
- Free transport from airport to your hotel in Marrakech.
- Private transfer by comfortable air conditioned vehicles.
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour.
- Pick up from Marrakech hotel & Drop off at your Fes accommodation.
- Guided visit of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Visiting the Cinema studio in Ouarzazate.
- Rooms with A/C in typical hotels, Kasbahs & Riads.v
- One night in nomad desert camp in Merzouga Dunes with (Private tents).
- Breakfast and dinner during your tour (Vegetarians are accommodated).
- Possible leisure activities (Quad Biking - Sandboarding) on request.
- Camel Trekking.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with luxury tent available upon booking your Marrakech to Fes desert tour (€100 pp).
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah ...Etc