MOROCCO DESERT TRIP FROM MARRAKECH TO FES
Tour itinerary :Shared 3 Days Marrakech To Fes Desert Tour
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Ben Hadou Kasbah – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley
7:30 am will be the time of departure of your Marrakech to Fes Morocco Desert Trip after meeting the group. Our first stop will be Ait Benhaddou Kasbah and to reach it we will have to cross the Tizi-N-Tichka pass through the High Atlas Mountain overlooking the scattered Berber villages down below. The UNESCO world Heritage site of Ait Benhaddou has served as the back drop for many Hollywood blockbusters like Laurence of Arabia and Gladiator. Our Next destination will be Kasbah Taourirtin Ouarzazate. We will also have lunch by this Kasbah (expenses not included). In the afternoon we will cross the picturesque valley of roses and Boumalne Dades in Dades Valley. Dinner and overnight sleep at the Hotel.
Day 2: Dades Valley – Todra Gorges – Erfoud - Merzouga Dunes
We will take the road of 1001 Kasbahs on our way to Tinghit Oasis following breakfast. The road is lined with many fortified villages that once hosted and served as rest stops for the trade caravans until the late 20th century. Once at the old French military post of Tinghit we will deviate into a secondary road to reach the oasis. There you will have the time to stroll by the streams and watch the farmers working the land , you finally reach Todgha Gorges, with its majestic views. After enjoying lunch in a local café we will proceed to Rissani, a holy city and the hometown of Morocco’s ruling dynasty ’’The Alaouites’’ and is the burial ground of its originator. The city was the original starting point of the carvan roads that stretched all the way across the Sahara to Tomboctou. Our final destination for the day will be Merzouga were we will meet with a camel caravan and trek our way across Erg Chebbi’s dunes at sunset till we reach the berber Sahara desert camp situated among the dunes for a warm meal and good music around the camp fire before retiring to our tents.
Day 3: Merzouga dunes - Erfoud - Midelt - Azrou - Ifrane - Fes
You will be woken up to catch a glimpse of the Saharan sunrise before trekking by camel back to the camp operator’s lodge in Merzouga for a chance to freshen up before separating from the rest of the group that will drive back to Marrakech and you will be introduced to your new driver taking you to Fes in a 6 passenger van. We will be crossing the Ziz Valley through Errachidia, the capital of Tafilalt region. We will stop for lunch in Midelt before crossing the cedar forests and berber towns (mouzzar and Ifran) of the Middle Atlas Mountains to reach Fes in the afternoon.
You will be dropped at your accommodation to end the shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour.
Shared 3 Days Marrakech To Fes Desert Tour
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains with its majestic Tizi-N-tichka.
- Visit the world heritage site Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Climb up to Dades canyons.
- Drive along the Valley of the roses & the road of 1001 Kasbahs.
- Walk in Todra oasis to Todra Gorges & visit a Berber village.
- Spend the night under the stars at your Sahara desert camp.
- Drive along Ziz Valley and cross the Middle Atlas Mountains with its cedar forests to Fes.
- A/C modern minibus (no more than 16 passengers for day 1 & 2 and no more than 6 on day 3).
- English & French speaking driver.
- First night at hotel including dinner and breakfast.
- Camel trekking in Erg Chebbi.
- Overnight at a Sahara desert camp in Erg Chebbi with dinner and breakfast
- Drop off at a location of your choice in Fes.
What to bring for the tour
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen cream.
- Comfortable jeans or trousers for the camel trekking.
- Camera & phone chargers.
- Warm clothes in winter season.
What’s not included
- Beverages & Lunch expenses.
- Local guide in Ait Benhaddou Kasbah (2 Euros per person – Optional).
- Personal expenses.