SAHARA DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO FES
Tour itinerary :Shared 4 Days Marrakech To Fes Desert Tour
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Zagora
We depart from Marrakech at 8 am. The first destination of our Marrakech to Fes Morocco Desert Trip is Ait Benhaddou Kasbah and to get there we will have to cross the high Atlas Mountains through the sky scraping pass of Tizi-N-Tichka (2260 m above sea level) that overlooks the Berber villages scattered along the foothills of the mountains. Following Ait Benhaddou we will visit the African Hollywood, Ouarzazate,and then an break for lunch (local restaurant),after lunch we will continue our way through Draa valley (home to the biggest palm plantation in the country),where the road runs along the islets of greenery, to reach the desert town of Zagora. Zagora will be the starting point of our camel trek into the desert dunes to reach the berber camp were a refreshing cup of mint tea and a hot dinner are waiting for us before we retire to our tents.
Day 2: Zagora – Dades Gorge – Dades Valley
On the second day and after your breakfast in the camp at zagora desert we will return by camel trek to meet your driver, our journey start to back to ouarzazate ( the Gateway to the real Desert),where you enjoy for lunch at the cafe, and then we will swap our vehicle of our adventure to the valley of roses and dades valley with some of the winding roads, steep golden cliffs, in the way we will stop for take pictures for monkey fingers and then we will continue our way to the middle of the valley by the river through where we spend the night at the hotel with dinner and breakfast included.
Day 3: Dades Valley – Todra Gorge – Erfoud – Merzouga Dunes
On the following day and after breakfast, we will start our journey from Dades Valley to Todra to explore its gorges There you will be given time to explore at leisure along the huge cliffs and canyons of Todghra canyons. After lunch (not included in pricing) we will continue to Rissani, the biggest date market in the country and historically is the starting point of the trading caravans that used to cross the Sahara desert, then we will head directly to Merzouga,once there we will meet the camel caravan waiting for us to start our camel trek into the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi by sunset, truly picturesque. The camels will transport us to our desert camp where we get to enjoy Moroccan whiskey (mint tea) and a great dish of local tajine. We provide completely vegetarian tajines as well to accommodate for people with special requirements. As we enjoy the food the Berber will entertain us with stories and music around the campfire before sleeping in our tents with full bedding for maximum comfort.
Day 4: MERZOUGA DUNES - ERFOUD - MIDELT - AZROU - IFRANE - FES
We wake up really early to catch the beautiful view of the Sahara sunrise before making our way to the hotel by camel. We will enjoy breakfast at the hotel before making our way to Fes. Along the way there will be photos and lunch stops. Your first stop will be at azrou, and Ifrane referred to as "the Switzerland of Morocco", and then to Fes. During this journey you’ll experience glimpses of the Middle Atlas and Higher Atlas mountains. Stopping at the famous cedar forest - the largest in Morocco – where you may well sight Barbarian apes. You’ll notice how the scenery changes. You will be dropped at the hotel or riad in Fes to end your shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour.
Shared 4 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Trip
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Visit Ouarzazate and its Taourirt Kasbah.
- Drive along the Valley of the roses & the road of 1001 Kasbahs.
- Walk through Todra oasis to Todra Gorges.
- Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi.
- Spend the night under the stars at your Sahara Desert camp.
- Drive along Ziz Valley and cross the Middle Atlas Mountains with its cedar forests to Fes.
- A/C modern minibus (no more than 16 passengers for day 1 & 2 and no more than 6 on day 3).
- English & French speaking driver.
- Camel trekking in Erg Chebbi.
- Overnight at a Sahara desert camp in Zagora & Erg Chebbi including dinner and breakfast.
- One night at hotel in Dades Valley including dinner and breakfast.
- Drop off at a location of your choice in Fes.
What to bring for the tour
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen cream.
- Comfortable Jeans or trousers for the camel trekking.
- Camera & phone chargers.
- Warm clothes in winter season.
What’s not included
- Beverage & Lunch expenses.
- Local guide in Ait Benhaddou Kasbah (2 Euros per person – Optional).
- Personal expenses.